My name is Ashley Lucas, but I have gone by 'Lady Lucas' since starting my art brand in 2011. I am an only child and the product of two parents who met and fell in love during art school. After many proper office jobs in my 20's, I found that sitting in a cubicle facing a grey wall simply would not do, so I made the plunge into my art career as a photographer, then became enamored (and a little bit obsessed) with illustration and making crafts. After leaving corporate life, I taught art for some years and still do privately. I find the innocence and honesty of children to be absolutely wonderful, and as a wise lady once pointed out, my work is heavily influenced by the sweet simplicity of children. I have no kids of my own yet, but I do have a very cute husband who is Austrian. This fact has allowed me to travel the world in recent years and spend almost two years living in the city of Salzburg; which I call 'the fairy tale city' because of its gardens and castle like buildings. I have two adult goldfish that currently live with their loving grandparents in America because unfortunately the TSA does not allow them to fly. A few more tidbits you might enjoy:
- My favorite tea & iced coffee flavor is blueberry
- One of the best things I've ever done is become a vegetarian
- I graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts
- Bird watching is one of my favorite hobbies. Miami has the coolest birds I've come across...
- I love being a working artist more than anything else in life. If you'd like to collaborate on a project - I promise I'm very friendly - so drop me a line today!